Well I have done it. I have finally found a product that I can manage to do. Any of you that have been reading my posts for a while know that I am usually to impatient to wait for my husband to get home to help me. I almost ruined my first Vinyl Wall Quote due to this problem, among other things! Well, I got my Simple Fit Redi Shades yesterday and could not wait another few hours to install them.... so I did what I really should NEVER do. I decided to install them myself, really how hard could it be? I know all the other blinds in my house took a lot of time, the screwdriver, lots of patience, and finally.... my husband. However, these are called "SIMPLE fit" so they can't be hard right?
I got the custom shades and everything else out of the box and glanced over the instructions (you all know I don't have the patience to read every word in the instructions either!)
What was needed for installation:
- Took the curtains down & wiped off the wall to make sure it was clean where I was going to hang them
- Removed the backing from both ends of the blinds
- Held the custom shades where I wanted them and pushed a little button
Not only was it easy but they look great! I would love to have Simple Fit on ALL of my windows, they look so nice and keep the room really dark (since we got the black out ones!) I love my new custom shades!
Check out this video of how easy these are to install
These are Custom Made for you! They are available for Inside Mount Only so keep that in ind when you measure! You will need at least 1 1/2'' to 2'' depth to mount them. Available Sizes are 19'' - 64'' for width (in 1/8'' increments) and 72'' length. You can get them in cream or white and for light control in light filtering or black out. Another thing I love about these blinds is that they don't have the cords, etc. I'll admit it, I am one of those moms... you know the annoying paranoid ones? Yep, that is me. We've had enough loss and accident in my family that almost anything can scare me. Plus, hearing about all the accidents that happens with blinds doesn't help but these blinds don't have the cord. If you want the blinds up you just push them up AND THEY STAY UP, if you want them down you just pull them down. How nice is that?!?
Simple Fit also GUARANTEES the shades to stay in your window under normal use & conditions.
** Another major plus? MADE TO ORDER IN THE USA ** I love anything that supports OUR economy so as you can guess that makes me an even bigger fan!
The Dirty Truth is that Simple Fit Custom Shades are amazing quality, very easy to use, look great, and SIMPLE to install - even for me!
|AFTER (With them pushed up)|
Those are my before & after pics! I wish it showed the time stamps on here. Seriously it shows 3 minutes difference between when I took the picture of before and when I took the after picture... talk about quick install! Plus it makes the room look much nicer (ignore the drawings on the wall.... we have chalkboard paint!)
Wanna hear something great? One of you are going to win your own!
TO BUY: You can buy any Simple Fit Custom Shades on their website
TO WIN: One lucky reader will win their own Simple Fit Custom Shades - Complete ALL Mandatory entries below and any Optional/Bonus entries you want - Leave a separate comment for each and make sure your e-mail address is in each comment!!!
- Follow Dirty Truth Reviews on Google Friend Connect
- Go to Simple Fit Website & then come back and comment with what blind style you would want (color & light filtering)
- Subscribe to Dirty Truth Reviews Email updates
- Subscribe to Dirty Truth Reviews RSS Feed
- Follow me on Twitter (AshlyDTR)
- Friend DirtyTruthReviews on Facebook
- Like Redi Shade on Facebook
- Subscribe to Redi Shade You Tube
- One Entry for every other current giveaway you enter on this blog
- Post on Redi Shades Facebook Wall that you entered the giveaway for Simple Fit Custom Shades at DirtyTruthReviews.Blogspot.com (leave a link to your post in your comment)
- 2 entries - Blog about this giveaway, Add it to a Giveaway Linky, Tweet it, or post on facebook (with link back to this page)!
RULES: Giveaway ends 2/4/2011 at 11:59 pm- Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Leave a comment for each entry you complete. Please leave your email address in your comments so I can contact the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. You must do ALL parts that are mandatory or your comments will be deleted/invalid.
Disclosure: I was not paid for this review or giveaway. I was given the above product to review and all opinions are my own. I am not responsible for the prize being delivered to the winner of the giveaway - I will forward your information to the sponsor whom is responsible for supplying the winner with the prize.