Nearly 2,300 years ago in ancient Greece, the great philosopher, Plato said, “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.”In order to please these beholders, we scrutinize every part of our body, constantly looking for ways to beautify it.
For women, the hair, skin, and face suffer the bulk of our scrutiny; however, the breasts do not fall far behind. No thanks to the media, air brushing and Photoshop, having a small bust line or cleavage probably deals a destructive blow to your self-image from time to time. No wonder the market is flooded with brands of breast enhancement cream and pills.
Although breast size is no measure of true beauty, the question that’s most likely on your mind is: Do these breast enlargement and enhancement products really deliver?
Does a Breast Enhancement Cream Really Work?
To answer the question on whether or not breast creams work, it would be yes or no, depending on who you ask.
On one hand, doctors and plastic surgeons unanimously state that breast enhancing cream does not work. On the other hand, marketers extol the virtues of their all natural breast enlargement cream, promising size increase up to two cups larger.
So, whom can you trust?
This article explores that question in detail. After reading the article, you will have enough information to make up your mind and put this question to rest forever.
The first step in unearthing the truth is learning the anatomy of breasts. Let us look at what lies beneath thebreast’s skin.
Breast Anatomy: A Peek Under the Skin
The chest muscles, more specifically pectoralis major and pectoralis minor, form the base of the breast. Above the chest muscles, glandular, connective and fat tissues aggregate to form the bulk of the breasts.
The various parts of the breast are as follows:
- Lobules: Lobules are glands that produce milk.
- Lactiferous Ducts: These ducts transport milk from the lobules to the nipple.
- Nipple: Nipples host openings through which milk exits the breasts.
- Areola: The dark region surrounding the nipples contain sweat glands to facilitate breast feeding.
- Fat and Connective Tissues: These tissues govern the shape and size of the breasts.
- Ligaments: The ligaments help support the breast. These grow weaker with time because of aging and gravitational pull, causing breasts to sag.
The milk producing apparatus, which includes lobules, and ducts, are almost of the same size in all women. The variety in the shape and size of the breasts depends on the composition and distribution of fat and connective tissues.
In general, women with bigger breasts have more fat deposits in their breasts than women who have smaller breasts. In other words, gaining weight is a foolproof method to increase the size of your breasts.
Although you may want to have fuller breasts, you may want to solve the problem without introducing a new one. That’s why gaining weight to get larger breasts is a bad idea. Excess weight is bad for your health, both physical and emotional.
Now that you know the working parts of the breasts, a lesson in how your breasts develop is in order.
Understanding the Various Stages of Breast Growth
A rudimentary form of the milk duct system is present in women right from infancy. During puberty, the ovaries release the hormone estrogen, signaling the accumulation of fat and connective tissues. This causes the breasts to grow larger.
After menstruation begins, secretory glands form at the end of the milk ducts. The milk producing system continues to grow and mature from then onwards.
During pregnancy, hormonal changes result in the breasts growing larger. However, this change is not permanent. The breasts revert to their normal size when the mother stops breastfeeding the baby.
Finally, after menopause, the glandular tissues in the breasts atrophy, and the connective and fat tissues become dry. This results in sagging.
The puzzling thing about the breast development process is exactly what determines the extent of growth in fat and connective tissues during the stage of breast development during and after puberty.
Since the amount of fat and connective tissues is responsible for your breasts’ appearance, we will examine the factors influencing your breasts appearance in the next part of the article.
Factors That Influence Your Breast’s Appearance
Experts in the field attribute the appearance of your breasts to the following factors:
- Genetics: Genetics play a significant part in determining the size and shape of your breasts. What is surprising is that you inherit genes that control your breast size from your mother’s, as well as your father’s side.
- Weight: Since fat cells constitute a major part of your breasts’ composition, your breast size will increase when you gain weight. Contrarily, your breasts’ size will decrease when you lose weight. The magnitude of the change depends on the proportion of connective tissues to fat tissues. More the fat tissues, greater the variation in size. Unfortunately, you can’t determine the proportion by feeling your breasts; you’ll need a mammogram to do so.
- Age: Younger women have stronger ligaments, which support the breasts well. As a result, younger women generally have firmer and well-shaped As women age, the ligaments lose their elasticity and become less effective in supporting the breasts. For this reason, the breasts begin to sag and lose their shape.
- Breast Feeding: During pregnancy and after delivery, the mother’s breasts grow surprisingly large. It is when the mother stops feeding the baby, that her breasts go back to theirnormal size.
- Breast Enhancement Exercises: Exercise does not directly affect breast size because breasts don’t have any muscles. What exercising the chest muscle can do is make your breasts look firmer without making them any larger.
You have learned about the anatomy of breasts, the breast development process and the factors that affect your breasts’ appearance. Using this background, you can begin examining the efficacy of breast enlargement creams.
A Thorough Look at Breast Actives Breast Enhancement Program
Here are some of the common breast enhancement creams on the market today:
The Breast Actives breast enhancement program consists of three steps that claim to enhance your breasts naturally. The three steps revolve around the following:
- A pill that you must consume daily before or after your meal.
- A breast enlargement crème that you must massage on your breasts every morning.
- A workout program that contains details of breast enhancing exercises.
The product promises the following benefits:
- The size of your breasts will increase.
- The shape of your breasts will improve.
- Your clothes will fit you better, and look better on you.
- Your social confidence will soar.
- You will look great in swimwear.
Who wouldn’t want the above benefits, right? But, what does the landing page have to offer as proof? Sadly, nothing concrete – only statistics, and that too, without any information about the sample size or common demographics.
The pictures highlighting the before and after effects of using the product come with a “results not typical” disclaimer. This could mean that the images do not reflect standard results. The “stock photos” tag also makes one wonder whether these pictures are real customers.
The site proudly claims that happy customers reach out to share their joy every day; however, the site features only three statements, again with the “results not typical” clause.
The site mentions that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not evaluated the claims. Furthermore, the site says that you must always consult your physician or healthcare provider before taking any supplements.
Although the product comes with a 90-day money back guarantee, the offer is valid only on unopened and unused products. So, if you think you can use the product and get a refund if you’re not satisfied, you’re mistaken.
Also, the product claims to consist of all-natural ingredients, but the site does not innumerate what those ingredients are. Lastly, as per the terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the sellers of the product.
So ask yourself this: Given the nature of information the landing page presents, is the product trustworthy?
Naturaful Breast Enhancement Cream
A cursory glance at Naturaful Breast Enhance Cream reveals the following:
- The pictures are tagged as “authentic customer photo, but results may vary.” This means you cannot judge the magnitude of improvement you will receive.
- Even the sellers mention that results will vary depending on your body type, hormonal changes, usage, duration and other factors.
- FDA has not evaluated the results the product claims.
- The refund or money back offer extends to unopened jars only.
- Plus, there is a 10-dollar restocking fee. No matter what you do, you will never get all your money back if this product doesn’t live up to its claims.
Now for the fishiest part.
It takes less than five minutes to scrutinize any breast enhancement cream in a similar manner. The bottom line is that unless you personally know someone who has used the product and can vouch for the product, don’t take any company’s word for it.
In fact, the Federal Trade Commission required the marketers of Bloussant Breast Enhancement Cream an amount of 3.2 million dollars as redress for making inflated claims without scientific backing.
Guidelines from FDA for Spotting Breast Enlargement Cream Scams
Here are a few tips from the FDA that will keep you safe from scammers:
- If any product promises immediate, effortless and guaranteed results, it’s too good to be true.
- Telltale phrases, such as miracle, breakthrough, revolutionary and secret usually signal a red flag.
- Read carefully about the seller’s terms and conditions, especially anything regarding money back guarantee.
- Don’t purchase products that present only satisfied customer reviews as evidence the product works.
- Always approach with caution.
If you take the necessary precautions, you will be safe, and so will your money.
Alternatives to Make Your Breasts Look Bigger
If you want your breasts to look bigger, you can try a combination of the following methods to achieve the desired effect:
- Pick Your Clothes Carefully: Certain types of clothes make your breasts look bigger, while others can produce the opposite result. For instance, flat tube tops make your chest look flat, but strapless dresses or dresses with horizontal straps across the chest area make your breasts appear larger.
- Choose The Right Bra: A high quality bra accentuates the shape of your breasts, making them look bigger. Push up bras best serve this purpose.
- Maintain A Correct Posture: Keeping your spine erect, your stomach in, your chin up, and your chest out makes enhances the appearance of your breasts.
- Use A Necklace: A necklace with a pendant can highlight your breasts create the illusion of bigger breasts.
- Makeup: You can apply dark eye powder on top of your breasts and between them to create contours. This will give the appearance of deeper cleavage.
Bear in mind that none of these tips will work if you want your breasts to look larger when naked. For that to happen, you need to consider breast augmentation and/or breast lift surgery.
An Overview of Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift Surgery
People opt for breast augmentation with or without breast lift surgery for many reasons; the most common ones are as follows:
- Breasts are of different size.
- The breasts are too small.
- To make up for the reduction in size after pregnancy.
- In order to reconstruct breasts after breast surgery for cancer.
- To improve self-confidence.
- Because the breasts are sagging.
- The nipples and areola are disproportionately large.
- One or both nipples point downwards.
Breast augmentation is a procedure in which the following normally happens:
- The surgeon makes an incision at one of three places, namely the crease under your breasts, under your arms or around your nipples.
- Thereafter, the surgeon creates a pocket by separating the fat tissue and the chest muscles.
- The surgeon then inserts the breast implants in the pocket and centers it behind the nipple.
- Finally, the surgeon closes the incision with stitches.
The most common types of breast implant surgeons uses are saline implants and silicone implants.
Breast life surgery, on the other hand, does not increase the size of your breasts. Instead, the procedure improves their shape. In this procedure, the surgeon does the following:
- Make an incision at one of three places, namely around the areola, downward from the areola to the breast creases, or horizontally in the direction of the breast creases.
- Thereafter, the surgeon puts deep stitches in your breasts to reshape them.
- The surgeon will also reduce the size of your areola and shift it higher.
- Finally, stitches close the incision.
The risk factors associated with the above procedures are as follows:
- Scar tissue formation may distort the shape of the implants.
- The surgery can pain the breasts.
- In some cases, the procedure could lead to infection.
- The breasts may become less sensitive.
- In the case of breast augmentation, there is a chance of the implant rupturing.
- Post breast lift surgery, there is a chance that your breasts become noticeably asymmetrical.
- Partial or total loss of nipple or areolae is also a possibility.
Also, remember that your breasts will continue to age despite the surgery. Therefore, after a few years, your breasts will begin to sag again and you may require a revision or corrective surgery.
You Decide: Surgery vs. Creams
The best argument made in favor of breast enhancement creams is the cost. Breast enhancement creams cost at least a 100 times less than surgery does. On the downside, the absence of scientific studies backing the astonishing claims, which breast enhancement creams glorify, casts a doubt on the effectiveness of the product.
The best course of action is using non-invasive methods that you read here to project your breasts as beautifully as you can. If then you are not satisfied with that, you can consult a general physician.
A general physician can honestly evaluate your situation and refer you to a specialist. You can ask the specialist specific questions regarding the products that you plan to try. It is important that you begin using a product only after the doctor gives you the green light.
A specialist will also have a clientele of patients for whom a specific cream worked. This means they may be able to recommend a product that is suitable for you.
Final Words of Encouragement
It’s time to answer an important question: What fuels your desire to make your breasts look larger? People get their breasts enlarged for many reasons, such as to look hotter than a competitor, make an ex-boyfriend jealous, attract a crushes attention or gain more self-confidence.
What is your motivation?
No matter what your motivation is, it is possible to achieve the end result that you crave without relying on risky and expensive surgeries or products lauding unproven claims.Notwithstanding everything you read, there is no harm in trying a boob enhancement cream once or twice.
Just remember to do your research, consult with your doctor, and be smart about your choices. Dig beneath the polished veneer of advertisements and place your money on your best bet. Read the ingredients to make sure it’s all-natural, and you may find a breast enhancement cream that actually works for you.